There are several tools that contribute favorably to selling on the Internet. The Facebook pixel is one such tool. It is not only interesting, but also effective and very powerful. The pixel is the tool that is likely to bring you a lot more return on investment. What is the Facebook pixel? How to link it to your sales site?
What is Facebook pixel?
The Facebook pixel is an advertising tool necessary to increase the conversion of a website, whether it is a blog or an online store. It is a tool that makes it possible to analyze and optimize advertising while measuring its effectiveness. This is done by following various commercial actions of the people present on a given site. Thus, each time a person visits your site, Pixel Facebook is responsible for recording the action or actions performed by the latter.
Why use Facebook pixel?
There are a multitude of reasons that will encourage you to use the Facebook pixel. You can use the Facebook pixel as a tracker for Facebook ad conversions. This allows advertising to be delivered to targets while generating specific audiences.
The operation mode of pixel Facebook
There are also a few ways Facebook pixel works:
The easiest and most interesting way to use this tool is to target people who have already visited a page on your site. You can also target those who have taken an action exactly on your site.
The Facebook Pixel also helps you to know the users who have made choices of items on your online store without making the payment. It also allows you to know the people who visit your site without performing a concrete action.
After getting to know all these people, the Facebook pixel allows you to direct your ads to them by taking into account the products that interest them. This serves to encourage them to take action in a concrete way.
Optimization of your advertising campaigns
When Facebook knows exactly what your visitors are in, its advertising algorithm will improve campaign performance. This improvement will be done by optimizing your customer target so that your ads are only seen by people who are likely to react to them. This action aims to generate more conversions.
You can also create looklike audiences. These are pretty powerful targeting strategies on Facebook Ads. These strategies help you find people with profiles similar to those of your site visitors. This makes it possible to positively impact your acquisition campaigns.
Creating audiences in a segmented way
You will therefore create audiences by segmenting your target according to the behavior of each visitor to your site. Like what:
- people who regularly visit your site every 3 days;
- those who have visited your site for 30 days without returning;
- Those people who have bought at least once in the last two months;
- Those who have added one or more items to their cart without making the payment.
Retargeting allows you to direct your ads only to people who have already visited your site at least once. This method aims to bring them back to the site so that they can perform a concrete action that can lead to the sale.
What is the use that can be made of the Facebook pixel?
It is possible to use the Facebook pixel to collect data about two forms of events: Custom events and standard events.
At the level of standard events, there are 17 in total, but at the level of custom, it is up to you to define them in your own way.
An event on Facebook pixel is used to determine the specific action performed by a visitor.
For standard events, you will just have to make a copy of the code of said event.
- A purchase: a visitor to buy on your sales site.
- A Prospect: a person has registered on your site to do a free trial and also a person who has prospected in your store.
- A Completed Registration: This is someone who subscribes to your products or services on your store.
- An addition of banking information: a person who records information in order to buy a product or service on the sales site.
- An addition to the cart: This is someone who selects one or more items by putting them in their virtual cart on your store.
- An Addition to his wishes: This is a person who adds one or more items to the list of things he wants.
- Payment initiation: this is someone who starts a banking process in order to finalize his purchase in your virtual store.
- Search: This is a visitor who uses the “search” function to find something special in your store.
- Content display: this is someone who is found on a given page of your site.
- Contact: this is the person who contacts your company.
- Product Customization: it is the visitor who selects a product based on a given color or size.
- Donate: This is someone who supports your cause by making a donation.
- Find a place: This is a visitor who is trying to find the traditional location of your shop.
- The Calendar: it is a customer who makes an appointment with your company.
- Trial start: this is the person who registers on your site to take advantage of a free fitting of your article.
- Sending a request: this is someone who makes a request in relation to a product at your home.
- Subscription: This is a person who makes a subscription to a product or service.
In addition, it is also possible to add other information to these standard events via code activation settings. These settings help you customize the standards.
It is possible to use custom events instead of standards, in order to collect much more information. These events use URL rules that are based on the specifically constituted URLs.
How do I create the Facebook pixel?
To start creating a facebook pixel, you must first have a website. It will also be a question of updating the code of your site.
Here are the steps to follow in order to create a facebook pixel.
- Go to the “Pixels” tab in the menu of your Event Manager.
- Click on “Create Pixel”.
- Read how the pixel works and click “Continue”.
- Put the name you want to give your pixel.
- Enter your website address to look for easy setup options.
- Click on “Continue“.
However, you will also need the Facebook pixel helper in order to ensure the smooth running of the Facebook pixel.
Facebook pixel helper: What is it?
Facebook Pixel Helper is a Google Chrome plug-in that was offered by Facebook. This plugin provides troubleshooting and validation when the Facebook pixel is working properly after installation. This tool only works in the background while automatically exploring the site on which the Facebook pixel is inserted.
After installation, you will see a green icon with the message “Show your ads”, this would mean that the installation was successful and works very well. The Facebook Pixel Helper tool will give you some tips on how to improve pixel performance.
How to insert the facebook pixel on shopify?
After performing the match check between your store and Facebook’s requirements, you can now insert the facebook pixel on shopify.
Here are the steps to insert facebook pixel on shopify:
- First, go to your Shopify admin’s interface and click on the “+” button next to the Sales Channels.
- Go to the “Add a sales channel” box and click on Add a channel then choose “Facebook shop”
- Connect the facebook account of your choice to your store:
- then, go to the Facebook shop or your business account;
- click connect account ;
- you will be asked for confirmation of your account if you are logged into your account. Otherwise, you will enter the information related to your account.
- Finally, follow the instructions in the “Sign in with Facebook” box to allow Shopify to sign in to your Facebook page.
The procedure is the same to insert the pixel on WordPress or to put it on prestashop. There are also other methods of insertion.
Facebook will then perform an analysis of your store, which could take 48 hours. A warning will be sent to you via email and also in Shopify as soon as Facebook has completed its scanning process.
Monitoring events relevant to your sales site
You will now make a selection of standard events to track. This selection is done with the toggle buttons. For each of the selected events, you should choose the type of tracking you want.
Tracking can occur when a page loads or when an action is taken online.
Select between standard events, the ones you want to track, using the toggle buttons. For the selected events, you will have to choose whether the tracking occurs when a page loads or when an action happens directly.
The option to track an online action will help you track the operations that have taken place on one page that does not redirect to another. We can thus take the example of the clicks made on the button to add to the basket. It is also possible to set certain events according to their importance. You may be able to track purchases that exceed a certain amount of money.
To customize Facebook pixel events:
- go to Facebook’s “event handler”;
- click on “custom conversions” in the menu located on the left at the corner of the screen;
- Click on “create a custom conversion” to define your custom event. In this step, you will use the URL rules.
Confirmation of how Facebook pixel works on your site
You can verify that the pixel is working by sending a traffic test. To be sure of the data that the Facebook pixel generates, it will be necessary to ensure the proper functioning and its follow-up. It is therefore important to add Facebook pixel helper to your browser. The browser used for the helper must be that of Google chrome.
To comply with Facebook pixel’s terms of service, visitors to your site must be aware of the collection of their data. So, you should make sure that everyone who visits your site is aware of this.
Visitors have the right to know that their information may be collected through cookies or other means. They also need to know what options are available to them if they reject the collection of their information.
What can we remember?
The implementation of Facebook pixels on your site is necessary in order to perform your targeting in an intelligent way. This saves time. This tool is essential in order to perform a perfect optimization of your audience, and remaining quite relevant on your various ads. Being aware of everything your visitors are doing on your site then becomes possible and easy. It is therefore necessary to insert the pixel on your online store in order to boost your turnover.